Meology

My photo
Springfield, Twenty miles from the District of Columbia
FABRICADABRA is my Sewing Blog, with other bits of interest sprinkled in for fun. I love fabric and creating things from it. FOLLOWING MRS. SUNDBERG is learning what it means to make something for the joy of making it. She's a down-home, comfort-focused, smack dab in the heartland kind of woman, who has a gift for writing, cooking, and generally pointing out the small wonders of every day. THE RUBY THROAT DIARIES documents my passion for these little birds. ©Please respect that everything shared here, including my photos holds personal value and is copyright protected by me, the photographer and writer. Any links to other sites assigns the copyright to their owners, and in sharing them here, I claim no ownership of the content. Please contact me if you would like to use my original work. Otherwise, it's a copyright violation. All use of any of my content must be credited back to me, with a link to my page.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Better Late Than Never

I have had lots going on, but at least remembered to take the last photos and post them before the moon quilt is delivered to that sweet baby boy this weekend. I loved using painter's tape for marking the straight diagonal lines, but there were some blocks that it was hard to see against. Who knew painter's tape was going to match the quilt so well? I need to get some Frog tape just in case my next project is blue! I used a bamboo quilt bat that I like very much. I think if I need some filler in the clothing I plan on for my fall sewing, I will consider it. Nice, soft feel, and not stiff at all. I really like it.

I did free motion quilting around all the letters, and I have not had a lot of experience at that, but I think it turned out okay. This quilt is meant to be loved, dragged around, and generally scrunched up, so I tried to give it the foundation for lots of wear. It will be given with a re-stitch warranty, should anything come loose, but I think it's  going to last.


In Italian, the literal translation of 'to give birth' is "dare alla luce"...to give to the light.


Benvenuto alla luce, Lyric.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, it turned out great! Isn't it amazing how the quilting adds such dimension.

Peg said...

Thanks Heather! It looks much better wrapped around that precious little boy.